- Central Processing Unit
- Dual Inline Memory Module - Long memory socket used for SDRAM DIMM wafers running at a fast refresh speed of typically 10ns.
- Dynamic Random Access Memory - Faster that DIPs and come in 30-pin and 72-pin SIMMs.
- Fast Cycle RAM - Typically four times faster than standard DRAM with a normal cycle time of 20 nanoseconds (ns). This type of memory was developed by Fujitsu. Current maximum capacity of FCRAM is 64MB.
- Local Area Network
- Synchronous DRAM - Current maximu capacity is 512MB with a normal cycle time of 10ns using a 168-pin DIMM socket.
- Workstation or a Client on a LAN.
Print This Page
Date of Last Revision: 20 December 2001
Partial Information Extracted from: InfoWorld June 22, 1998