FTP in MS Internet Explorer
When you attempt to FTP files using MS Internet Explorer and receive time out errors it is probable due to a firewall that you are going through. To solve this problem you need to setup Passive Transfers. To change this in Explorer follow these steps:
1. Select Tools from the top menu.
2. Select Internet Options.
3. Then select the Advanced tab.
4. Then scroll down a short ways to Browse options.
5. Find the box that is identified as FTP Passive Transfers (for firewalls and DSL compatibility) and check it.
6. Then Exit Explorer and Restart Explorer for changes to take affect.
You should now be able to download files either by selecting them and copying them or perform right click and save the file that way.