Excel including the rest of the office applications all offer the user to save his or her's work automatically. However, this automatic save feature is typically not included on the basic install, so you will most likely have to add this feature by peforming the following procedures:
- Choose Tools, Add-ins.
- Select AutoSave Add-in and click OK. You may have to know where your Office CD is before you click the OK button to continue.
- After installing, you'll have to enable the add-in by selecting Tools, AutoSave.
- Then you need to specify the following options:
- Automatic Save Entry: Determines how often Excel saves (default is 10 minutes)a spreadsheet or workbook.
- Save Options: You can save just the active workbook or all the open workbooks.
- Prompt Before Saving: If selected, Excel will prompt you before each save task.
One annoying feature of this add-in is that you can't turn it off--the timed interval cannot equal 0.
Tip is extracted from Tipworld, visit their website for more tips by clicking on the globe
Just click on the button for the Tiproom's Home Page.
Date of last revision: 22 August 2001.