Excel provides the quick option of inserting, editing, and deleting comments. For example to enter a comment on a particular cell, follow these steps:
- Open up a new spreadsheet in Excel.
- Enter the following data:
Enter 5 in A1
Enter 15 in A2
- Now go to A1, and Right-Click.
- Then select Insert Comment.
- In the box notice that your name will probably appear, if you desire you can backspace and erase this name. Enter the comment, "Test data for N5".
- You will now see a red triangle in the upper right of the cell. By moving your mouse over to that cell, you will see the comment appear. If you right-click again, you will have the option to edit or delete the comment.
This technique comes in handy especially if your are working on a spreadsheet with more than one person, sending a spreadsheet to someone and you want to explain various cells, etc.
Tip comes from Sue Whitehouse with added information form myself and is extracted from Tipworld.
Just click on the button for the Tiproom's Home Page.