Change The Auto Entry Direction
Excel by default always moves downward on auto entries when you strike the Enter key. But what if you want to go a different direction such as across instead of down. To change the default direction follow these steps:
- First, select Tools/Options.
- When the Options dialog box opens, click the Edit tab.
- Select (or leave selected) the check box labeled Move selection after Enter.
- Now, Click the arrow at the right side of the Direction list box and select Right.
- Click OK to close the dialog box and record your selection.
- To test the change, type the month January into cell A2 and press Enter. Excel should move to cell B2, then just continue ten more times to put the year on a single row.
Notice that you are now moving in a right or forward direction instead of going downward.
Tip is from Sue Whitehouse of Tipworld, visit their website for more tips by clicking on the globe
Just click on the button for the Tiproom's Home Page.
Date of last revision: 26 September 2001.