Office 2000 only installs one Office Assistant (OA) called Clip-It. There are other OAs in Office 2000 such as the Wizard, Einstein, a Dog, a Cat, so why not add another OA that probably is more to your liking. Just follow these steps:
- Click on the Start button, then select Settings, Control Panel.
- Then Double-Click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- Then select MS Office from the list of programs.
- Then click the Add/Remove button.
- Next, click the Add Or Remove Features button in the Office setup window. You will have to locate your Office CD to continue this process.
- You'll see a series of options, with plus and minus signs to the left of each. Click the plus sign to the left of the Office Tools option.
- Then, click the plus sign next to the Office Assistant option, which will open all the available assistants.
- Select the assistant(s) you want to install.
- Then choose the installation process you desire.
- Click Update Now and click OK.
If you chose the Installed On First Use option, be sure to have your Office 2000 CD handy when you change your assistant again. I would recommend that you choose the option to Run All from your hard drive. By selecting this option, you can change assistants whenever you desire and not have to worry about inserting the Office CD or installing a different OA.
Just click on the button for the Tiproom's Home Page.
Date of last revision: 30 August 2001.