Accessing Your Hotmail From Outlook
There are two ways you can access your Hotmail account from Outlook. Way #1:
- On the View menu, click Folder List to turn on the Folder List.
- Right-click Outlook Today, and then click New Folder.
- Name the folder Hotmail and then click OK. Your Folder List should now include a Hotmail mail items folder.
- In the Folder List, Right-Click the Hotmail folder, and then click Properties.
- On the Home Page tab, type http://www.hotmail.com in the Address box.
- Click to select Show home page by default for this folder, and then click OK.
Now when you click the Hotmail folder in your folder list, you will see the option to log on to your account. You can add a Hotmail folder shortcut to your Outlook Bar by dragging the Hotmail folder to the Outlook Bar.
- Click Tools, Accounts and select the Mail tab.
- Select the Add button, then click Mail.
- Then type the name to be used for the account like your first and last name.
- Click the Next button.
- Then type your email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org, then click the Next button.
- Then in the next server dialog box, change POP to HTTP mail server, and key in the address of the Hotmail server that should be http://www.hotmail.com.
- Key in your correct logon name with password.
- Then click the Next button.
- In the Dial Out dialog box, check how you will connect to the Internet: Choose Connect Using My
Phone Line if this is a home account, or I Will Establish My Internet Connection Manually if you use different dial out numbers to access the Internet.
- For additional information on this procedure, see the hotmail.com's site for information on using Outlook and Outlook Express with Hotmail.
This will bring your email in from your hotmail account automatically when you call up Outlook. It will create a folder in your listing as well once you have created the new mail account.
Just click on the button for the Tiproom's Home Page.
Date of last revision: 30 August 2001.