Create A Custom Slide Show
Let's say you are a traveling executive and you have two different audiences to present your products to, but you only want to create one show for both places. Well you can use the Custom feature in PP to use only the slides you desire to be shown. For example, you have a total of 30 slides but for Customer #2, you don't want them to see slides #13, #23, and #28. Create a Custom slideshow by following these steps:
- In PowerPoint open your existing slideshow. For this short exercise we will call this show Sales.
- In Slide View, choose Slide Show/Custom Shows. When the Custom Shows dialog box opens, click New. Type in a name for your new custom show calling SalesCustom.
- Now simply select the slides you desire to see by doing a CTRL+Left Click to tag each slide being careful to leave out #13, #23, and #28.
- Then click Add.
- Now click OK to close the dialog box and apply your selections.
- Back in Custom Shows, click Close to close the dialog box.
- To start your custom presentation. Choose Slide Show, Custom Shows. When the Custom Shows dialog box opens, select the custom show you just created called SalesCustom and click Show.
PowerPoint will run the slide show using only the slides that you added to the custom show. When you choose Slide Show, View Show, PowerPoint will display all the slides in your original show.
This tip comes from Sue Whitehouse at Tipworld.
Just click on the button for the Tiproom's Home Page.
Date of last revision: 5 September 2001.