ALT Keyboard Shortcuts
Keyboard shortcuts come in handy, especially, for those mouse haters, or people who just like the keyboard better. These few may help you out:
- Alt+1 (or click the Back button) to go back to the previous folder you viewed while in the File dialog box.
- Alt+2 (or click the Up One Level button) to open the folder one level up from the current folder.
- Alt+3 (or click Search The Web) to open the Web search page in your browser.
- Alt+4 (or click the Delete button or press Delete) to delete the currently selected file or folder.
- Alt+5 (or click the Create New Folder button) to create a new subfolder in the currently open folder.
- Alt+6 (or click the arrow next to the Views button) to switch between List, Details, Properties, and Preview views.
- Alt+7 (or click the Tools button) to choose options from the Tools menu.
You can also position your mouse cursor over each of the buttons on the toolbar and hold it still for a second or so. The ToolTip text that appears will indicate the name of the button and tell you what it does.
This tip comes from Tipworld.
Just click on the button for the Tiproom's Home Page.
Date of last revision: 20 September 2001.