Create Clip Art From Fonts
If you need additional Clip Art and want to use your existing dingbat or symbol fonts, just follow these instructions:
- Click the Text tool, hold down the Shift key, and draw a square text frame about 1.5 inches square.
- Right-click the frame, and from the shortcut menu, choose Change Text, AutoFit
Text, Best Fit.
- Finally, press Ctrl+E to center the cursor.
- Next, choose Insert, Symbol.
- From the Font list, choose a Dingbat or Picture font (such as Wingdings or Sports MT).
- From the grid, find a picture you like, select it, and press Enter.
- The character fills the frame. Use the Font formatting commands--Shadow, Emboss, Colors, and so on--to enhance the character.
This procedure may not be as good as Clip Art, but it should do in a pinch or promote creativity.
Tip comes from Mark Scapicchio and is extracted from Tipworld.
Just click on the button for the Tiproom's Home Page.