Word along with other Office 2000 packages can be exited quickly. Use these commands and select your favorite one to use on a daily basis:
- In Word or another application, select File, Exit.
- Click on the X box located on the upper right of your window.
- While you are on the active window, execute ALT+F4 command that will close the existing window. This command will close the active window in all Office applications and Explorer/Internet Explorer as well.
- Press Alt + Space and then choose Close from the menu.
- Press Alt + F + X sequentially. Does the same as File, Exit. The ALT key + F brings up the File menu, but at this point you can use your arrow keys to access more menu drop down commands.
Most of these commands will work the same on all the other Office applications including Explorer and Internet Explorer in closing down windows.
Just click on the button for the Tiproom's Home Page.