Editing Word Styles
Word allows the user to change their existing styles such as the default of Times Roman 12 point to Courier 10 point. This is done by editing your style sheets, for example follow these procedures:
- Click on some plain text in a Word document.
- Choose Format|Style.
- When the Style dialog box opens, click Modify.
- In the Modify Style dialog, click Format|Font.
- Choose a new typeface and font size and click OK.
- Back in Modify Style, select the check boxes labeled Add to template and Automatically update and click OK.
- At this point, you're back in the Style dialog box. Click Apply to apply the new style and Close the dialog box.
Word does allow multiple style sheets to be used or you can change the default style to match what you use most often such as a specific font style, size, margins, etc.
This tip comes from Sue Whitehouse and is extracted from Tipworld.
Just click on the button for the Tiproom's Home Page.