Adding Symbols Easily
In Office XP/2003 applications, you have the capability to quickly add various symbols such as the Trademark, Registered, directional arrows, etc using the AutoCorrect feature. Simply follow these steps to quickly add symbols, for example in a Word document:
- Type a (c) will create the copyright symbol.
- Type a (r) will create the registered symbol.
- Type (tm) to create the Trademark sign.
- Type ==> to create a right arrow.
- Type <== to create a left arrow.
- Type --> to create a right arrow with a thinner line.
- Type <-- to create a left arrow with a thinner line.
Check the help menu for more ways to add symbols in office. Tip comes from Laura Delaney, PC Magazine 4 May 03.
Just click on the button for the Tiproom's Home Page.
Date of last revision: 20 January 2006.