Using Word's Built-In Calculator
Word has a built-in calculator that can be quickly used for basic calculations. The answer will appear at the bottom of your Word Window. You can setup a menu button by following these commands:
- Go to View, Toolbars, Customize.
- Then choose the Commands Tab.
- In the list of categories, go to Tools.
- Select Tools Calculate in the list of commands and drag it a toolbar or your drop-down menu.
- After you drop the command button in, immediately do a Right-Click, and choose Change Button Image from the pop-up menu. Suggest the Calculator icon.
Word has other ways to manipulate text, so experiment, and use the help menu.
This tip comes from Edward Mendelson from the PC Magazine 4 May 2004..
Just click on the button for the Tiproom's Home Page.