Customizing the Taskbar
How would you like to add some of your frequently accessed folders to the Windows95 Taskbar or maybe some of your favorite URL addresses? Follow these instructions:
- Right-click on the Taskbar at a blank spot and choose TOOLBARS.
- Then select NEW TOOLBAR. When the dialog box appears, use the browser to find your desired folder such as "My Documents" and click on the OK button.
- Now check your Taskbar, you should see all the documents in that folder. You may have to use the scroll arrows to see all of them.
- To turn off this Toolbar, you simply right-click on the Taskbar, choose TOOLBARS, then select the name such as "My Documents" and click on it to deselect the entry.
- Now check the Taskbar, it will be returned to the default.
You can have multiple Taskbars with very little memory taken. Follow the same procedures to place Internet URL addresses by selecting the FAVORITES folder under the WINDOWS subdirectory and then choose your desired folder such as "IDIQ". Then you will have a new TOOLBAR with your URL sites in that folder.
Just click on the back arrow for the Home Page.
Date of last revision: 31 July 2001.