Getting Your Thumbnail Views Back in Explorer
Sometimes when you install a graphics package you loose your Thumbnail Views in Explorer. This can be obtained by going into Explorer, View, and clicking on Thumbnails to restore your views, however, you can also use the command line to quickly build your associations by re-registering the Thumbnail viewer. Just follow these simple steps:
- Close all running applications, I tried it with MS Outlook 2000 up and running and it still worked fine.
- In Windows 2000 click the Start button, and select RUN.
- Then type the following: regsvr32 %windir%\system32\thumbvw.dll.
- You should see a message that DLL-RegisterServer succeeded.
- Then just click OK and go into Explorer to see your Thumbnail Views.
If you are missing the dynamic link library thumbvw.dll, this can be obtained from the Microsoft Website or click on the file name: Thumb View Dynamic Library to download it from my site.
This has been tested and works fine on Windows 2000 SP1, extracted in summary from Infoworld 26 Feb 2001.
Windows 2000 Tips Page
Tiproom's Home Page