Using ME and 98x Without A Mouse
Let's say you forgot to pack your mouse on a business trip or stopped functioning. You can set up ME or Windows 98x to use your arrow keys as a mouse. Just follow these procedures:
- Go to Start, Settings, Control Panel.
- Select the Accessibility Options.
- Go to the Mouse Tab and check the Use Mouse Keys option.
- Click the settings button, then check the Use Shortcut box.
- Change the pointer speed to something that's reasonable (the slow is SLOW!!!) so you may want to pick something faster.
- Click OK, followed by Apply.
- Now, press the Alt + Shift + Num Lock buttons and you can use your numeric keypad to move your pointer instead of a mouse controller.
The arrow keys should work just like the mouse except for being a little more cumbersome.
This tip is by Michael Vincent from TipWorld.
Date of last revision: 14 May 2015.