Remove Shortcut Arrow From Desktop Icons
If you want to get rid of those shortcut arrows from your desktop icons, then you will have to modify the registry. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Start button.
- Execute Run, in the command box type regedit and return.
- Select File, Export, enter a file name (this will back up the registry prior to making any changes).
- Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTinkfile.
- Delete the IsShortcut registry value.
- Select File, Exit, and then reboot. The desktop shortcut icons should no longer have that arrow.
Just remember to always back up your Windows Registry before making any changes to the registry.
Tip is extracted from TipsDr, for more Windows XP tips click on Tip Doctor
Just click on the button to access my home page.
Just click on the back arrow for the Windows XP Tip Page.