Increase Broadband Speed
If you want to disable QoS and increase broadband speed, then follow these steps:
- First, make sure you have administrator authority on your PC or equivalent rights as administrator of your system.
- Click on the Start button, then execute the Run command.
- In the Run Command box, type: gpedit.msc.
- Then expand the "local computer policy" branch.
- Then expand the "administrative templates" branch.
- Then expand the "network branch."
- Click on or highlight the "QoS Packet Scheduler" in the left window.
- In the right window, double-click the "limit reservable bandwidth" setting.
- On the setting tab check the "enabled" item.
- Where it says "Bandwidth limit %" change it to read 0.
- Click the OK button, then File, Exit.
- Then Click Start button, Shutdown, then select Restart.
You should see a little improvement since you are conserving 20% more of bandwidth, but you are also disabling QoS which may or may not be needed. Video streaming across the network generally requires QoS.
Tip is extracted from TipsDr, for more Windows XP tips click on Tip Doctor
Just click on the button to access my home page.
Just click on the back arrow for the Windows XP Tip Page.