Get Quick Access To Your Applications
If you want fast access to your favorite applications such as NotePad or WordPad, etc. There are two methods to perform this desired action. Method #1 instructions:
- Right-click the shortcut you use to open the application i.e. WordPad and select
- Click the Shortcut tab, then click inside the text box next to Shortcut key.
- Type the letter you'd like to use in combination with Ctrl-Alt to open the program, for example, W for WordPad.
- Click OK, and from now on, pressing Ctrl-Alt-W opens WordPad.
Second method steps:
- Add a WordPad shortcut to your Quick Launch Toolbar (the row of icons to the right of your Start button).
- Click and drag your current WordPad shortcut down to this toolbar between two existing icons (or on either edge of the bar).
- A black line will appear to let you know you've chosen an acceptable place to create a shortcut and where the icon will be placed on the Launch Toolbar. Let go, and you now have Taskbar access to WordPad.
You can use these same methods to create a quick shortcut for any Windows' application.
Just click on the back arrow for the Home Page.
Date of last revision: 2 August 2001.