Changing The CD Player Default
With the different applications that you may have installed such as Windows Media Player, Real Player, WinAmp, and many more; they have most likely changed your default CD player to an application that is larger and takes up more memory that the default Windows Media Player. So if you want to return back to default follow these steps:
- Execute Explorer.
- Click on the View command.
- Select Folder Options.
- Then click the File Types Tab.
- Scroll down the list to you locate Audio CD and select it.
- Then click the Edit tab.
- Select Play, then click Edit button again.
- Under the Application Used To Perform Action, type: C:\WINDOWS\Cdplayer.exe.
- Click the OK button, and then the Close button twice.
Now when you insert a CD disc into you PC, it will use the simple Windows CD Player instead of fat applications that may contain bells and whistles you don"t need and consume more memory and resources.
This tip comes from Valerie Ryan.
Just click on the back arrow for the Home Page.
Date of last revision: 30 July 2001.