Adjusting Icon Spacing
Are you happy with your icon spacing on your desktop? If not follow these instructions to change it:
- Right click on the Desktop wallpaper image and select Properties.
- In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Appearance tab.
- Click the down arrow under Item, then select Icon Spacing (Vertical). Please notice that you can also change the Horizontal Spacing for the icons as well.
- Click the up or down arrow next to select Size to change the current spacing. The default screen size on mine was 43 but you may want to increase this or decrease the number.
- Then click the Apply button to see the changes on your desktop. By moving the current window out of your view, you will be able to see what the icons look like each time you hit the Apply button.
This will also take a little time getting the right amount of spacing that will appear attractive to you. The number of icons you will present on your desktop is dependent on the spacing you select. So when you have some time, play around with this feature to get just the right amount of spacing.
Just click on the back arrow for the Tiproom Home Page.
Just click on the back arrow for the Windows 9.x Tips Page.