Program Menu Removal
If you uninstall a program or just delete the program, you may be left with the program's name still existing in your Start Menu. So, how do you remove it from the Start button, just follow these steps:
- Right-click on your Taskbar and choose Properties.
- Click on the Start Menu Programs, and then the Advanced button, or just the Advance tab depending on what version of Windows 98 you are using.
- Now you can select your desired program you want to delete, and simply strike the Delete key.
- Then click the File Types Tab.
- If you make a mistake, and want the program shortcut or name back, simply strike the CTRL+Z keys and your name will pop back up on your view screen.
You can quickly delete any programs you wish to remove from your Start Menu. You can also sort the Start Menu listing by selecting your Start button, Programs, and then right-click somewhere on the listing and select Sort by Name to sort the listing in alphabetical order.
This tip comes from Michael Vincent with additional information on sorting from myself.
Just click on the back arrow for the Home Page.
Date of last revision: 3 August 2001.